If you want to get a Yorkie puppy, you must know that taking care of these puppies isn’t difficult at all. All you need to give them is a lot of attention and love. The most important thing to consider when getting a Yorkie puppy is that they aren’t as sensitive as they look. They might need a bit of extra care and affection to grow properly. If you want to care good care of your Yorkie puppy, here are some tips to help you:
- Yorkies need a lot of sleep. On average, an ordinary puppy sleeps for 13 hours every day. But, Yorkies need a minimum of 18 hours of sleep per day. You must provide them with a comfortable atmosphere to relax. It is also recommended to provide them with good quality bedding.
- Exercising daily is also very important for Yorkies to be in good health. Even if they keep running all around your home, you need to allocate a fixed time for them to exercise in the fresh air. You should also remember that making them exercise just before bedtime is not a good idea.
- Make sure you give Yorkies a diet that is prepared to meet all their nutritional requirements. Feed them at least thrice every day. Overfeeding will disturb their balanced diet routine. You can do your research to know more about the best food for your Yorkie puppy.
- Yorkie puppies need a break from their playful and busy routine. Ensure that they get proper naps and breaks. This is why you need to keep them confined at times. This is the best age when they understand how important it is to take breaks in their routine.
- You need to take proper care of your Yorkie puppy and groom them regularly. Their grooming routine includes bath time, nail clipping, combing, brushing, ear cleaning, and more.
These are some of the most effective tips that can help you to take good care of your Yorkie puppy. There are a lot of things to keep in mind before you get a puppy of the Yorkshire Terrier breed and you must essentially know how to take care of them.